New for the upcoming 2020 Summer Competition:
- Supervisors no longer need to hold an active grant to be eligible but they still need to provide supplemental funding (minimum contribution of $4,516). They also need to be an RFA member.
- While the proposed research project must clearly lie within the natural sciences and/or engineering (NSE), it is not necessary for the proposed supervisor’s research program to be exclusively within the NSE.
- In an effort to make the application process easier for all parties involved, we are no longer requiring or accepting paper submissions. Per the details attached, the applicants/supervisors are required to submit:
- the Form 202 (along with the student's transcripts) via the NSERC On-line Services Portal; and
- the Student Statement via Google Forms.
- There will be a limit of one (1) USRA award per supervisor.
Application Submission deadline: Monday, February 24 by 4:00pm (EST)
Departmental reviews/rankings due to OVPRI: Friday, March 13 by 4:00pm (EST)
Notification of Decision to applicants/supervisors: Late March/Early April
Please contact Linda Hurrell, Grants/Contracts Officer (Natural Sciences and Engineering) if you have any questions or require any assistance.